Tuesday, November 15, 2016

ANTILOG_15Nov16a

###

ANTILOG_15Nov16a

###

15:08 2016-11-15

- Being an artist has never been harder than it is today, in my opinion, frankly;
- You couldn't imagine the lengths that I have to go to just to be able to do my work;
- For instance, I was out doing some urban sketching and was accosted by a gentleman who seemed concerned; He wanted to know what I was doing;
- Not only did it break my concentration, it killed my inspiration;
- Isn't it obvious what I'm doing standing there with a large notebook and pencils and a pencil sharpener? What do you think I'm doing?
- Much worse than that, now everyone is walking around taking pictures of everything in the village; No wonder the construction workers are worried; I would be too if I had to do a dangerous job like that and had to concentrate on my work while people were gathered all around taking pictures;
- Wait, it gets worse than that; My biggest fear is that someone thinks that I am spying on them; I am in a public place making pencil drawings, but you never know; I wouldn't want to look like I was an undercover agent spying on construction workers or something, you know, spying on the mafia or I don't know what;
- I'm just an artist, I don't know anything about that stuff, I just know that it's the first time in my life that a construction worker accosts me to ask me what I am doing;
- I'm not scared because it was a drawing of a church, my parish church, AND because I'm a professional painter; I can show him my cards if he wants, I'm actually, genuinely a professional painter;
- But since then, actually before I went out to do some urban sketching, I officially shut down all art operations indefinitely. I'm not doing anything until Spring, 2017. If that changes, I will tell you;
- Art is officially dead. It's impossible to make great art in 2016, just so you know. Not with so many people following you around trying to be like you. They are trying to be like their IMAGE OF WHAT AN ARTIST IS... and they are wrong. They don't understand what discipline it takes. Now I have to remove all of the work I'd been doing, every last trace of everything I did for the last 15 years that could be slightly tasteless if seen from this new perspective of paranoid construction workers and stupid people trying to be like A.G.;
- You've officially ruined my Christmas. I've been working on this concept literally for 15 years. Now I have to shut everything down and try to find another source of income so I can make it through the winter;
- Thanks a lot, you've killed the Art of Painting. I can't even share with you what I'm working on, it could get me stuck in concrete or at the bottom of the river, you stupid assholes.

No comments:

Post a Comment