Thursday, November 3, 2016

ANTILOG_03Nov16a

###

ANTILOG_03Nov16a

###

23:52 2016-11-02

- I have been meaning to post on my Antilog for quite some time now, since I last posted circa December, 2015;
- I have had much to say, just little time to contribute to doing so;
- Much has happened, much has changed. I will try to lay out a few of the most pertinent recent developments concerning my Art Operation@The Historiotheque (my art studio);
- I have moved. I relocated nearby, in the Old Village, last May, 2016. I moved the entire operation, the Archives and everything, WITHOUT LOSING ANY BUSINESS CONTINUITY WHATSOEVER;
- Right now I am wondering why no one ever mentions the very important work of one S.L. Thaler or one David Cope when they speak about art qua machine intelligence;
- Computational creativity isn't just a theory or a possibility, it has been done, provably, countless times in the course of recent history. Yet no one seems to recognize the fantastic work done by what to me are the world's greatest living (at times non-living, no longer extant) ARTISTS ("modern" artists, if you will);
- For instance, William S. Burroughs composed novels via algorithmic methods, computational thought not necessarily "machine-based" in the way that we understand it today in the 21st century;
- As early as the 1980s and 1990s, artists and other innovators were generating art via computer. Yet no one in the "machine intelligence" industry/discipline/discourse has EVER mentioned them, at least not in my research thus far;
- I will come back to these and other topics Top-of-Mind at a future Point-in-Time. The point was just to get back to the work of logging these and other important developments and catch up on the BACKLOG of things that have occurred since my last ANTILOG UPDATE (a.k.a. BACKUP);

No comments:

Post a Comment