Friday, August 17, 2018

ANTILOG_17Aug18b

###

ANTILOG_17Aug18b

###

22:45 2018-08-17

- I will now be going over the TabSets for the month of June, 2018; Basically, I am just sharing some of the content that I have been reading, topics I've been researching;
- I always keep a Log of all the Tabs that I have opened, which I call "TabSets", a.k.a. "Sets of Tab"; There are often duplicates, but in this log I'm not showing duplicates, and some of the links have been purposely rearranged to fit together (also, some duplicates were kept for good measure);
- I often research all things related to Signal (and also related to Noise, its important counterpart); Here we have a selection of such links;
- I often find myself returning to what is a key text for me, namely Lev Manovich's essay, "Database as a Symbolic Form"; I'm also often returning to the work of David Cottington, a master art historian; Here it's his Cubism and Its Histories book I'm interested in;
- I've also been doing cognitive-behavioral therapy for 14 years, so I'm often interested in reading about the 10 cognitive distortions of Dr. David D. Burns, from his work Feeling Good;
- The rest is just examples of what I call the "green orthodoxy", how we should be changing the world economy and civilization itself to avoid our own extinction;
- I often read up on various topics in the pure & applied sciences; This case is no different; I was looking at the concept of "Cosmic latte", i.e. the "average color of the universe"; I also became interested in what the Big Bang sounded like; (I have a passion for physical cosmology, let it be known);
- I became obsessed at some point with various file image formats and ended up looking for the oldest formats in the history of computing;
- Here we have a mix of content; At once, I am looking at a regret minimization famework and the next minute I'm studying Prehistoric music;
- I was trying to find what were the oldest musical instruments in human history; This led to a WikiWalk that led me to Music archaeology, Zoomusicology, Bioacoustics, and eventually a list of Bioacoustics software;
- Here, I begin to look at a wider range of topics involved with "Sound", includin acoustic ecology, Soundscape ecology", etc.; This somehow led me to think of Eigenfunctions, LTI systems, the philosophy of music, and so on;
- Here we are still obsessed with crows, and then we take a more theoretical, mathematical approach, looking at differential equations, harmonic oscillators, and other concepts from physics, only to come back to Anthropophony, Biophony, and Geophony;
- We start again with Sensory ecology this time, look at the Niche hypothesis, and various topics in working "in the field" including Observations and Measurements, SensorML, and a look at some Noise topics and other topics; we finish as we often do with concepts in physics and advanced mathematics;
- Again, as I often do, I come back to the basics in my "Signal Science", everything from a definition of "signal" to the Handicap principle and "signalling" in economics;
- In the following TabSet, I look at Hypertext and related subjects; I begin looking at studies in what might be called the Digital Humanities;
- A look at som applied theoretical computer science and noise-based logic as well as "historiographs" by Eugene Garfield and other topics, related and unrelated;
- You can begin to see what my web history looks like, i.e. I'm always going from one topic to the next, sometime on a continuum, sometimes taking discrete jumps and leaps, discontinuous; And of course sometimes I'm just stuck in a loop on Wikipedia, doing what I call a "WikiWalk", which is going from hyperlink to hyperlink within Wikpedia;
- A wide collection of web resources, from critical code studies to various topics in the digital humanities;
- A look at preferential attachment, project risk management, and some topics related to the work of Paul Otlet;
- A look at desire paths and microattributions (nanopub);
- Looking at supply chain management and some practical coding resources;
- An ongoing obsession with prehistoric religion;
- From Creativity Machines to microsyntax and other mixed topics, related and unrelated;
- Now we are in the territory of the Neolithic Revolution, the Evolutionary psychology of religion, as well as a concept of Ruin value and the "Assembage" concept in philosophy;
- Here is a potpourri of various subjects;
- We get religious and look for topics related to the Trinitarian concept of God, to Grace, i.e. what is grace, how does grace work; Also we are looking at ancient Sumerian society, Hammurabi's code, along with the life of shepherds and also some topics in archaeology (and other topics);
- We take a peek at artist-run centers, also some ancient Mesopotamian religion and Assemblage Theory a second time around;
- The clear interest in the following TabSet is the library card catalog and elated innovations; We also look at Foucault's concept of "dispositif", ending with Desert Fathers theology;
- The obsession with order that plagues people suffering with OCD plus some content on Hesychasm and the "cosmic asymmetry" of Louis Pasteur (and asymmetry in general, which is one of my favorite concepts of all time);
- In the following, our obsession returns to things artistic; We look at Composition, at the pictorial space, and some methods; We also look at concepts related to Color Space and lighting and so forth; We also look at the Situationists and some of their concepts, as well as an exploration of the concept of database in studies of database rights; We also look at databases themselves, the database model, as well as some contente related to the Russian Constructivists; (and of course ending with a handful of seemingly unrelated web content);
- Compilations, Anthologies, Florilegia; Index cards, library classification collections abstract and concrete;

No comments:

Post a Comment