###
ANTILOG_24Sep26a
###
2026-09-25 08:16:26
- A lot has happened since my last Antilog post, even though it was just 5 days ago; I've been doing a great deal of research and also a great deal of organization of my whole art-research practice; I created a new GitHub Organization for my art studio, The Historiotheque; I have been busy laying the foundation for how I plan to use GitHub repositories to basically run my whole operation from the command line;
- I also spent a lot of time trying to set everything up online so that I can have a maximum of what I call verifiability in my research; what that means concretely is that I publish repositories on my Organization on GitHub and then get Digital Object Identifiers or DOIs on Zenodo for said repositories; then I link those projects to my ORCID ID profile; this "loop" helps link my identity to my work, something that is hard to do at times when you're an independent researcher; at least, it's something that one never really learns as an independent researcher, or something that one doesn't even know exists;
- There's a whole methodology to this form of verifiability, and I have been setting it up as best I can, using agentic AI to help with the management and coordination of everything it entails; I have been working long hours, but it's going to pay off in the end;
- The abstract digital painting you are seeing at the top of this post is a new creation from late last night called "OPERATIVE HISTORIOGRAPHY: SEED NOISE", which is meant to have the look & feel partly of a digtal collage; it was also a bit of a homage to Cubism, after spending days going over my Cubism Studies research from the 2001-2004 period when I lived in the NDF borough in Montreal, Quebec; I will be making many more of these kinds of digital paintings;
- I have modified my social media strategy also; I've decided to make Bluesky my main hub; I'm still publishing on all the other platforms, but am breaking it down differently than what I've been doing for many years; I am posting everything I do in The Historiotheque on my Bluesky account, the new repositories I create for my GitHub Organization, my studio logs I am calling them now;
- My studio logs are all being published directly to the main Historiotheque repository; if I'm still writing these Antilogs, it's that I find the studio logs, while they are being written in a comprehensive and rigorous manner, are not necessarily enough; I find that for now, at least, I still need to fill in the gaps with these Antilog entries; it will all make sense at some point, for those who may be following me and aren't sure exactly where I'm going with all of this;
- Documentation is never going to be perfect; what I call "logging, documenting, and archiving" is never perfect, as you can't possibly put absolutely everything you do and think and so forth on paper; you need to pick and choose WHAT to write down, WHAT to log and so forth, it can't just be "everything", there is no such thing;
- The main goal for me is to make my experiments reproducible" and also to make it all publicly available to anyone with a web browser and an internet connection; for that, the reproducibility, people need to know exactly what the process was that I went through during my experiments; concretely, for a painting, let's say, they need to know everything I did in a clear, step-by-step procedure; that means what kind of paint I'm using on a given canvas, what colors, what type of paintbrush, what type of canvas, what size, etc.; I'm trying to do this at a great level of granularity, but as I said, it's impossible to document absolutely EVERYTHING and still have time to make the actual art or do the research; that's the trade-off, you do as much documentation as is feasible for someone who also spends a great deal of time actually MAKING STUFF;
- I've been looking at the whole "Docs as Code" paradigm, which I find I have already been doing all this time; also, Literate Programming is something I want to learn more about, also because I think I've been trying to do something similar since I started learning to code in Python 14 years ago; I'm also reading about technical writing, as I find that I need to "up my game" on that, as I like to say;
- I've done a great deal of research lately, writing a lot about Cubism, going over the research on the subject that I did in the past, trying to further my research by focusing precisely on my research questions, am plannning also a literature review of the field, which I already did in 2001-2004, but need to pursue anew, as much has been written since;
- I talked a lot about continuous delivery in the past, how I have been trying to implement something like that in my art-research practice; the thing is, it was more of of the conceptual foundation of what I was trying to do, at least in part; I hadn't built out the theory entirely, and was only actually practicing it at a more or less superficial level; now I'm going to formally study the whole CI/CD process, trying to implement it at a much deeper level;
- That's it for now, it's a short update; I am reviewing the latest Official Declaration and Official Release documents, reviewing progress on the first Prospective document, all an integral part of The New Documentaiton; More to come, stay tuned!
Friday, September 25, 2026
ANTILOG_24Sep26a
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment