###
ANTILOG_07Aug26a
###
2026-08-07 09:28:16
- Many years ago, at least a good 11 or so years ago, I started using some Chrome extensions to manage what I called "TabSets", which are just collections, or "lists", of "Open Tabs", tabs that I have open in my Chrome browser at any given time; one of the browser extensions is called Session Buddy and it saves all of your open tabs into a list that you can export in various formats; what I then do is export the "TabSets" and copy them into various files, such as a .txt file on my desktop and I used to always keep a version in Markdown in a GitHub Gist file online;
- Then I use another Chrome extensioin called OneTab which "collapses" all of my open tabs and also has a list of the tabs that I use when I want to "re-open" any of the web resources that I had previously visited; in any case, I've been saving ALL of my TabSets for at least 11 years at this point and have essentially saved a copy of every single browser tab I've opened up over this time period;
- The basic idea was not only that I would keep track of all my Open Tabs, but that in saving all of my tabs over time, there would be redundancies, or duplicates, if you will; the duplicates, though, would indicate that a tab was important; if a tab repeats itself over time in the sets, then it surely has some significance; anyway, I haven't lost a single web resource over that time that I could find again in under a minute, just by searching through the .txt files that I create with the lists of TabSets;
- Here is an example of a TabSet I created last night; I did it on purpose to only open select tabs so I could show the public what the TabSets look like in the .txt file; at some point, I started to create a special .txt file every year at the beginning of the year or late in December of the previous year or whatnot, called TABSLOG_2026.txt for example; I used to operate my browser like a machine, with over 50 tabs, sometimes much more, and then would save the set of tabs as a TabSet - with Session Buddy - and then collapse them with OneTab; I've essentially been doing this every day all day long for 11 years (11 years, actually, in the form of GitHub Gist files, longer if we count TabSets, which I often called MultiTabs, in other formats on my Desktop at the time); here is what it looks like "on paper":
- To me, this is a form of what I am tentatively calling "Archive Art"; that is to say, I am logging, documenting, and archiving all the time and creating "representations" or "views" of the archive itself; I want to take this a few steps further and will be working on this for the foreseeable future; with that said, I'm still kind of only an amateur archivist, not having been formally trained in archival science; as is almost always the case, it is a work in progress; more on this at a later time;
- As I said in my previous antilog post, I have been working on a new, simplified version of my original Schizobot system which I have appropriately called "Schizobot Lite"; I generated almost 60 pages of content for this GitHub repository with AI assistance; I just wrote a DISCLAIMER for the README.md file, as I was scared GitHub would flag it because the content is about a kind of "schizophrenic robot", which might not be appropriate if someone or an automated system thinks I am actually trying to create such a robot; it is just for research purposes, and is a literary work more than it is code, even if it includes a great deal of code; at least the Schizobot Lite version has tons of code, the original Schizobot system, not so much; in any case, I just wrote a labnot on the subject of my recent Schizobot Lite experiments:
- About the TabSet collections, when I started creating GitHub Gists with the exported tab lists, I would create a new Gist in the Markdown format every time I had a big enough number of open tabs that it was slowing down my computer; often I would create many of these TabSet documents every day; then as I was saying before, after a while I started creating just one TABSLOG .txt file every year; I'm not sure exactly when I started creating those yearly .txt files;
- The whole purpose of the collection of lists of tabs essentially was to be able to "reconstruct the timeline" of my browsing history; that is to say, at any given time, I could "rewind" back and see exactly what websites I had been visiting; that's where the duplicates prove to be interesting, because if we chart the TabSets-over-time, we will see slowly how some tabs repeat themselves while others are added; it's a dynamic thing, with the number and nature of the tabs changing constantly;
- At the very top of this new antilog post, I included a picture of one of my latest mixed media paintings, part of the ongoing series I call the ANATOMY OF AN AESTHETIC PROBLEM series; I think that this is no. 009 or no. 010, I'm not exactly sure, I would have to count the number of paintings in the actual series thus far; painting series, I have observed, can diverge or converge; when you are working on several paintings at the same time or in quick succession over a short-enough period of time, you can notice changes happening in near-real-time, or in real-time if you are working on several simultaneously; the series can begin to diverge, meaning that there are appreciable changes in the overall paintings themselves, whether a formal change in composition or in the color palette, or else in the subjects or thematic materials of the paintings; it's rare for me anyway that an entire series resembles itself 100%; there are always points where it diverges; but that being said, it can also converge towards a certain point, which is always fun to see; either way, I am somewhat indifferent to the exact direction in which the series is going; I am just the painter, I don't have absolute control over the process; I also never really set out to be a serial painter, it's just something that happened; that's why I say I don't really control the process entirely, it's most like I am a silent witness to it; I can intervene at any point, but it's not true that I have complete liberty in the matter;
- People often say that the "possibilities are infinite" in the arts, which I have found to be completely false; there are a finite number of variables which have a finite number of possible values, so it can't be infinite, as the multiplication or product of two finite numbers is always going to be a finite number, if memory serves me right;
- Here is a digital portait that I made about a week ago, called The Ancient Sign about a historiophanic apparition that I had in my mind's eye:




No comments:
Post a Comment